22 February –Participants arrive at Lake
Transfer from the SPS airport
- Have a couple guides available for early arrivals
Inauguration: audiovisual presentation, speeches, announcements, party
23 to 26 February -Bird Watching Festival
Bird watching in the following sites:
1. Hotel Finca Las Glorias- easy walk; areas visited include marsh and gardens; lunch at Las Glorias; 15 persons.
2. Sitio Arqueológico Los Naranjos-easy walk; areas visited include marsh and rain forest; lunch at Las Glorias; 15 persons.
3. Finca El Paraiso- easy to moderate walk; areas visited include gardens, plantations, and forests; lunch at Las Glorias; 15 persons.
4. Parque Nacional Santa Bárbara- difficult walk; areas visited include cloud forest and open areas; breakfast and lunch in the field; 10 persons.
5. Parque Nacional Cerro Azul Meambar (Grupo 1)- moderate to difficult walk; areas visited include forests and gardens; lunch in the field; 15 persons.
6. Parque Nacional Cerro Azul Meambar (Grupo 2)- short and easy walk; areas visited include forests and gardens; lunch in the field; 15 persons.
7. Hotel Agua Azul- easy walk, areas visited include marsh, gardens, and riparian forests; lunch at Hotel Agua Azul; 15 persons.
26 February - P.M.—Closing ceremony
The prices for the Bird Festival component will be as follows:
$ 365.00 for double occupancy
$ 460.00 for single supplement
These prices include the following:
1. Inscription to the event,
2. Transportation to/from San Pedro Sula int`l airport,
3. Room according to price paid,
4. 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 dinners, desserts, soft drinks,
5. Guiding services for each planned outing,
6. A copy of the Birds of Lake Yojoa,
7. Opportunity to attend seminars during the conference,
8. Transportation to the bird watching sites during the event,
9. Misc. conference materials.
These prices do not include the following:
1. Alcoholic beverages
2. Laundry service
3. Phone call or other items of a personal nature
Payment in Honduras:
Banco de Occidente
Acct. In Lempiras #21-102-009465-3
Upon making a deposit in this account please notify Robert Gallardo at firstname.lastname@example.org giving him the amount deposited and for whom the payment is for (the person attending the event).